~ THANK YOU~

for sharing all your neat projects, crafty things and garage-sale, yard-sale and flea-market finds.

Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

3 for $1 X-mas swans..... sort-of


I made this a while ago, and never got around to posting them.  I needed white swans for my Christmas tree but was only finding teenie-tiny white birds---- so I made my own. I used these lovely white feathered geese from my favourite dollar store in my town, and purchased feathers to attach to the geese. Then I used white glue and sprinkled on some glitter and added a few white opalescent sequins, too.

♥ I estimate that the cost of making 6 of these glittery swans was $4.00 CAD ♥

I am happy with how this turned out. Yes their feet and beaks are bright orange, so I might add some paint to downplay that. I'll be sure to add some photos when I get all my Christmas decor up.




After applying white glue- I used a fine silver glitter, and a clear rectangular glitter, too. (not sure what its real name is) but it is a faceted plastic glitter, it adds alot of sparkle without being too flashy.




the swans before the addition of the feathers, glitter and sequins....

....stuff I used;

white feather geese - 3 for $1.00 at the .99 cent store in my town
Package of white feathers - $1.29 at the .99 cent store in my town
silver and clear glitter that I had on hand
white opalescent sequins found at the thrift store in my town... ( .75cents for that container ===SCORE!)

gluesticks I had on hand.... working with the feathers was messy, becuase I cut them for the 'wings' but other than that, making 6 of these swans took approximately 30 minutes from start to finish.....  I had to have a 'break' to let the glue from the glitter dry before I attached the sequins. This was a fast craft project.

I am very happy with the results and have my white glitter swans for my tree this year. Of course, after I made this glittery swan - beautiful glittery birds and butterfly's started showing up at the dollar store....

 




No comments: